Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The first of (hopefully) many.

Now that I am blogging, I feel like I'll need to keep you guys updated regularly. I hope that happens. For my sake.

So for a while I have been using an iPhone app called Lose It! which allows you to log all the food you eat during the day and times you exercised. It gives you a certain amount of calories you can eat a day that will still allow you to lose 1-2 lbs a week. You're calorie count goes down as you lose weight.

I have done this in the past, but haven't kept up with it. Which is sad. But oh well. 

Anyways. After some encouragement from different people, I decided to follow the app and stay under my calories again. I did this for 2 weeks without losing a single pound. It almost made me want to stop again, but I told myself that 2 weeks can't define the rest of my life. 

So after seeing a change in my buddy CMay in his eating habits, I decided to try to to make an eating change myself. I read over at his blog that the change in what he eats was helping his fatigue, headaches and other things. I get headaches a lot and they are bad. So what's it going to hurt to try to get rid of them by eating healthy? So that's why I've done. After two days, I feel really good about what I'm doing. It might just be mental right now, but I already feel like I've got more energy.

After the first day, I had lost 3 lbs. That is the stuff that keeps you going. Seeing results. After only a day of change. That also gave me more energy for the day. 

Well, if you have read this far, kudos to you. Thanks and please come back!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. And okay!

    Glad you are doing this. I will definitely be following you along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed the same thing as CMay. When I drink sodas and eat junk, I'm consistently lacking energy and abounding in aches and pains. When I drink plenty of water and eat smart, I feel much better.

    Go, Mike, go!

    ReplyDelete